Birthday parties are a special time to celebrate another year of life with friends and family. If you’re tasked with planning the perfect birthday party, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind to make sure the event is a success.
Here are 15 Tips on how to plan a perfect Birthday Party:
- Choose a theme – A party without a theme is like a Birthday cake without icing, it’s just not as fun. By having a theme, you can easily guide all other aspects of the Birthday party including; invitations, décor, games, food and drink.
- Set the date and time – Once you have chosen the perfect theme for your Birthday party, it’s time to set the date and time. It’s important to send out save the dates or invitations at least 4 weeks in advance so your guests have enough time to clear their schedules.
- Pick the right venue – The venue you choose will be determined by the number of guests you’re expecting, the theme of the Birthday party and your budget.
- Hire professional event staff – If you’re looking to take the stress out of Birthday party planning, hiring professional event staff is a great option. They will be able to handle all the logistics of the event so you can enjoy the Birthday party stress free.
- Choose the right music – The music you choose for the Birthday party should be reflective of the guest of honor’s personality. You can hire a DJ, create a playlist or even have live musicians perform at the event.
- Set up a photobooth – Photobooths are always a hit at parties! They provide a fun activity for guests and also double as a Birthday party favor.
- Serve delicious food and drinks – No Birthday party is complete without food and drink. Be sure to offer a variety of options to please all your guests.
- Have plenty of activities – To keep guests entertained throughout the Birthday party, have a few activities planned. Games, prizes and dancing are always a hit at parties!
- Decorate the venue – The décor you choose should be reflective of the Birthday party theme. From balloons to streamers, there are endless possibilities when it comes to Birthday party decorations.
- Create a memorable guest book – Make sure to have a guest book for guests to sign as they arrive at the Birthday party. This is a great way to remember all the special people who attended your event.
- Send guests home with Birthday party favors – Birthday party favors are a great way to thank guests for coming to the Birthday party. They can be anything from candy to small toys or even a personalized mug.
- Have a plan B – In case of inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances, it’s always a good idea to have a plan B. This could be anything from renting a tent to having the Birthday party at an alternate location.
- Take plenty of pictures – Be sure to take plenty of pictures throughout the Birthday party so you can look back and cherish the memories for years to come.
- Make a Birthday wish – As the Birthday cake is being brought out, make a Birthday wish for the year ahead.
- Enjoy the Birthday party – Last but not least, don’t forget to enjoy the Birthday party! This is a special day to celebrate so savor every moment.
Here are the Top Party Venues in Melbourne, Australia:
- Her Melbourne This modern and sleek lounge is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion. With a gorgeous city skyline view, delicious tapas and an impressive drinks menu, Her Melbourne will make your party one to remember.
- Riva St Kilda Beach– Party on the sand with stunning views of the Melbourne skyline at Riva St Kilda Beach. This iconic beachfront venue is the perfect place to let your hair down and enjoy some fun in the sun.
- The Party Boat– Party on a boat? Yes please! The Party Boat offers a unique and fun party experience as you cruise around Melbourne’s beautiful waterways. With a fully stocked bar and plenty of dancing space, this is one party venue you won’t want to miss.
- The Arbory- Party in style at The Arbory, a chic and sophisticated riverside bar. With stunning views of the Yarra River and an impressive drinks menu, The Arbory is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion.
- Mr Miyagi– Party like a ninja at Mr Miyagi, a fun and funky Japanese-themed bar. With delicious Asian-fusion cuisine, creative cocktails and a lively atmosphere, Mr Miyagi is sure to make your party one to remember.
- The Carlton Club- Party in luxury at The Carlton Club, one of Melbourne’s most prestigious private clubs. With a glamorous setting, delicious food and an impressive wine list, The Carlton Club is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion.
- Bar Marguax in style at The White House, a beautiful venue with a chic and modern setting. With stunning views of the city skyline, delicious cocktails and a lively atmosphere, The White House is sure to make your party one to remember.
- QT Melbourne- Party in luxury at QT Melbourne, a stylish hotel located in the heart of the city. With a gorgeous rooftop bar, delicious cocktails and an impressive wine list, QT Melbourne is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion.
- The Emerson– Party in style at The Emerson, a chic and modern bar located in the heart of the city. With delicious cocktails, a lively atmosphere and a beautiful setting, The Emerson is sure to make your party one to remember.
- Gin Palace– Party like a Gatsby at gin palace, a stunning venue with a 1920s-themed setting. With delicious cocktails, live music and a glamorous atmosphere, gin palace is sure to make your party one to remember.
So there you have it, the top party venues in Melbourne. Whether you’re looking for a modern and sleek lounge or a fun and funky Japanese-themed bar, there’s sure to be a venue to suit your needs. So get out there and start celebrating!
Planning a Birthday party doesn’t have to be stressful. By following these tips, you can easily throw the perfect event that everyone will remember for years to come. Birthday parties are a time to celebrate so have fun and enjoy the planning process!
A talented DJ and entertainer with some extraordinary mixing skills. He’s an all round great guy. You will find him playing some crazy tunes whilst keeping the dance floor alive. Rated one of the best party DJs in Melbourne. Rated as the top Best Mt Macedon DJ
Our Melbourne based MC Steve – You know him from Melbourne Comedy Festival. Steve is a renowned stand-up comedian & performer, a natural born storyteller, super professional MC who sticks to the run sheet but can also get wickedly funny keeping guest entertained from time to time
Our Melbourne based MC Michael is known for his dedication to the entertainment Industry. From Bond Bar, Metropolis Events to Vogue Ballroom, Michael has shined his performance by providing excellent customer experience during the special day/events. Running at the forefront and sticking to the run-sheet Michael ensures the execution of the event tightly aligns with our clients vision.
Check our our Available Birthday Party DJ packages and secure your event today.